Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hold on don't you ever let go...

There are days (and eras) and circumstances that make you want to  throw your hands up in despair and just quit. But don't give up! I don't know how things are going for you right now.  But I know these are trying times for virtually everybody. And I say don't give up! The answers may not be easy, they may not be fun, they may not even appear to be helpful! But hold on! You may feel completely alone but you are not! I am not speaking today from a position of strength. I am both preacher and choir and all that is implied by that. I do not know how God is going to turn things around. I don't know why He hasn't done so already. I may not even recognize it when He DOES turn things around. But I will hold on! I will never let go. I will sing a song of strength in the midnight! I will hold on to these words. 


Do Not Worry
Luke 12:22-31

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

( I WILL do so imperfectly, but I WILL do it!) 

If you are in the midst of the struggle look for the things that encourage you and DWELL ON THEM! Find one bright spot in the universe and stare at it!

Philippians 4:8 ASV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
                                       
And if you are on top of the world, please do your best to reach down and pull somebone who is struggling up to you!




3 comments:

  1. This is a blessing straight from God.I do agree God has a wonderful plan for ours lives even when that plan is not visable to us in plain sight.So I am holding on in praise and thanksgiving;because God love never fails.
    pollypeachteee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Thanks for your comment! I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE BLESSED!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Aaron, I am touched, deeply, by your words and the WORD. Phil.4:8, one of my dad's favorite passages and great advice to me as a young man. Lately as I have been recovering from a health set-back my focus has become dwelling on the "Bright Spot" and not waver, which seems to always bring me to Matt.6:33---Priority. God First Always. 'I have the responsibility of keeping my spirit in agreement with His Spirit, and by degrees Jesus lifts me up to where He lived--in perfect consecration to His Father's will, paying no attention to any other thing. Am I perfecting this type of holiness in the fear of God? Is God getting His way with me, and are other people beginning to see God in my life more and more?' I know that we're making an effort to experience and produce this fruit but it can only manifest when we put God first literally! (El G. pero yo)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it civil. Disagreement does not have to be disagreeable. Thank you so much! I look forward to your input!