Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Balance: I am working on it...seriously

Life is about balance and both of these things are true.

That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. -Theodore Roosevelt

1 Timothy 2: Pray for Your Leaders

“1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” -1 Timothy 2:1-3

Yes, we are also called in other places to pray for the salvation of others and for the wisdom of our leaders. These areas are also important. The key is to pray, not attack our nation’s leaders, whether verbally or otherwise. And lest we forget, Paul wrote these words under the reign of King Nero, a fellow historically much more difficult to live under than any president in America’s history.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/holywrit/2011/09/1-timothy-2-pray-for-your-leaders/

If I have crossed any line, caused any harm, I apologize. That is never, ever my intent. I view life through a very specific lens and desperately try to interpret what I see with truth and love.
My heartfelt conviction and compassion. I hope you all know my heart.

It's all about balance and I am working on it...seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil. Disagreement does not have to be disagreeable. Thank you so much! I look forward to your input!