Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

For Bible Believing Supporters of the President Only Please

For my bible believing brothers and sisters in Christ who support the President. Congratulations. I have had a day to recover and I can face you now. That said, I have a question for you all. And I desperately want honest answers. I was extremely conflicted about voting for Governor Romney as I have serious issues with Mormon doctrine. Ultimately, I vote the way I vote because I believe the platform of the Republican party is more alligned with biblical values than that of the Democratic party. As always, lay aside what each party claims about the other. All the mud that has been slung back and forth across the aisle is more than enough. I am talking ONLY about what each party claims as it's own values. Here a a few social issues with I believe biblical instruction directly or closely related to them.

Abortion/Abstinence vs "Sex Education"/Deity of Jesus/Support of Israel

 Leviticus 18:21 "'Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.

President Obama

1997: opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I’ve said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn’t have that.

Part of the reason they didn’t have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception We’ve actually made progress over the last several years in reducing teen pregnancies, for example. And what I have consistently talked about is to take a comprehensive approach where we focus on abstinence, where we are teaching the sacredness of sexuality to our children.

But we also recognize the importance of good medical care for women, that we’re also recognizing the importance of age-appropriate education to reduce risks. I do believe that contraception has to be part of that education process.

Read more: http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Barack_Obama_Abortion.htm


 John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son

Obama: Jesus Is ‘A Son of God’
By Fred Lucas
April 4, 2012
."

(CNSNews.com) - Speaking to a group of Christian clergy at the Easter Prayer Breakfast he hosted at the White House on Wednesday, President Barack Obama referred to Jesus Christ as “a son of God.”

“It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the triumph of the resurrection, and to give thanks for the all-important gift of grace,” Obama said of Easter, which is this Sunday. “And for me, and I’m sure for some of you, it’s also a chance to remember the tremendous sacrifice that led up to that day, and all that Christ endured--not just as a Son of God, but as a human being.”

Read more: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-jesus-son-god

Genesis 12:2-3.  “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you,and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

Ari Fleischer, Norm Coleman, Expose Obama’s Record on Israel, But Leave Too Much Hidden

Obama's proposed budget DECREASED funding for the much bragged about Israeli anti-missile systems. it was Congress which, in the end, practically doubled the President's proposed funding.

By: Lori Lowenthal Marcus

The evening began with a “preview” of a new RJC ad featuring Bryna Franklin, an American who now lives in Israel and who was, until recently, chair of “Democrats Abroad, Israel,” and was a past Democrat National Convention delegate. Franklin explained why she is voting for Romney, even though “she’s never voted for a Republican before in my life.” Franklin’s words seemed to resonate for many in the audience.

This was the RJC traveling trio’s ninth stop in 5 days. They had already appeared in Denver, Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio, Reno, Las Vegas, Detroit, Boca Raton and Miami, Florida, with Philly as the caboose.

President George W. Bush’s press secretary Ari Fleischer re-introduced the theme of an earlier RJC ad campaign, the one called “Buyer’s Remorse,” which featured voters who had voted for Obama in 2008, but who were voting against him in 2012. Fleischer obviously was already a Republican, but he talked about why “Buyer’s Remorse” was such an apt meme for this campaign.

Why? “Because,” Fleischer said, “Obama earned it, he earned it by his actions, he had the Jewish community,” but he lost it. He ticked off a litany of missteps, including the President’s reversal of the commitment he made to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in 2008, when he called Jerusalem, “Israel’s undivided capital,” but on which he reversed himself. Fleischer said, “he caved, within 24 hours, he caved because of the pressure of ‘Palestinians.’”

Fleischer pointed out something that had been lost on most listeners. As someone whose job it was to manage the message coming out of the W. Bush White House, Fleischer realized what it meant when Vice President Joe Biden in March, 2010, used the word “condemned” when he criticized Israel for building in Jerusalem. “That word is the most severe word in the political lexicon,” Fleischer said. To put as fine a point as possible on it, he said, “during the Bush administration, we used the word ‘condemned’ to criticize terrorist attacks,” not the building of homes in Jerusalem.

Read More: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/ari-fleischer-norm-coleman-expose-obamas-record-on-israel-but-leave-so-much-hidden/2012/11/05/


Genesis 2:24For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
Leviticus 18:22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.


Obama Reaffirms Same-Sex Marriage Platform As Election Closes

WASHINGTON -- An Obama administration official on Saturday confirmed the president's support for legislation that prevents the federal government from denying same-sex couples the same protections received by their straight counterparts. The same official also repeated that the president supports three ballot initiatives in separate states legalizing gay marriage, and opposes a constitutional amendment in Minnesota that would ban it.

The reiteration of the president's gay marriage plank comes at a time when neither campaign is actually litigating the issue (at least not publicly). But on Friday, the president was pressed on the matter during an interview with MTV. According to ABC News, he "demurred" when pressed as to whether he saw a federal role in advancing gay marriage during his second term.

The full transcript of the MTV interview tells a somewhat different story. While the president did say that to "try to legislate federally in this area is probably the wrong way to go," he also noted his opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act, federal legislation that defines marriage as the legal union of one man and one woman.

"Obviously, the president has also supported a legislative appeal of the Defense of Marriage Act," added the official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the issue.

The president has also instructed his Justice Department to stop defending DOMA in court, with hopes that the Supreme Court will eventually rule it unconstitutional. Finally, Obama has come out in support for the Respect For Marriage Act, which is a legislative repeal of DOMA. Absent that, there are few legislative or legal vehicles for Obama to push to affirm gay marriage on a federal level.


If you know me Hopefully you  know that I AM NOT A HATER. I am not a mean-spirited person. 
I am not trying to pick a fight. I am not trying to sway anyone. (It's obviously too late for that.) I just read in the word of God that certain things are not alright with God as far as I can understand scripture. All I want to do  is ask one question. If you are a Christian and supported President Obama. Particularly, if you knew his positions on these biblically signifigant issues. I don't want to hear about your views on Romney/Republicans for this particular discussion. All I want to know is why, with your knowledge of the Presidents view and the Democratic positions on these issues, why do you support him/them? I am literally begging you to stay on task and explain to me why these positions are acceptable for a bible believing Christian. I REALLY want to know. Not why you can't vote for Republicans. Again that is for another discussion. But how do you justify voting for the President and the Democratic platform scripturally. Economics, defense, energy, etc. Let's keep all of that off the table. Just for now. PLEASE, help me to understand THESE issues ONLY. I don't want to argue. I just have to know. I will even bar non-Obama voters, including myself, from the discussion. I thank you in advance for your honest and thoughtful answers. Bible believing supporters of the President, you have the floor. 


4 comments:

  1. I voted for Obama, because I couldn't stand by any of the other candidates. I am not completely on board with all of his policies, (or even the Democrat platform by any means) but neither am I a Republican. I used to vote only Republican because I believed that as a Christian, I should But now I reserve my vote to whoever I pray and feel like I should vote for each time. As far as the abortion issue, I was a preemie too and I HATE HATE HATE the fact that abortion is even legal in the is country. Obama's position is that we cannot regulate what women do with their bodies. And there is a part of me that agrees. Not because I think abortion (is the woman's choice) because I think it is the killing of a child no matter what stage. But this law has been into place long before I was even able to vote and NOT ONE President, Republican included, has done ANYTHING to change or appeal the law. I have read Romney's position on this and he said several times that he would uphold Roe vs. Wade because he had a close family friend that died from and illegal abortion. But when he got closer to being the nominee, he changed his position to be anti-abortion which I think is a very "convenient" position that Republican politians pull out of their hat when they are trying to get the vote of Christians. I really think that we as Christians should do more "helping" about this problem then just "saying" we are against abortion. How about helping someone who feels that abortion is their only option. How about adopting more or taking someone in that is in a crisis? Now that would put a dent in the abortion issue, but most people don't want to get that dirty! They just want to elect someone who they feel believes what they do so they can feel they have "done their part".

    And the only reason why I don't want the government telling me what to do with my body is because I have been to other countries where women are told what to do and I don't want to give an open door to government having any control over what we do like that because it's a slippery slope. I feel the same way about the homosexual marriage. I personally feel like the domestic partner status settles that issue and I don't want to open the door to changing the definition of marriage because that too is a slippery slope.

    But Obama can have his opinions, but in the end it's up to us voters. Which in California I have voted against it every time. But as far as right or wrong, I think the bible is clear, but I do feel like their sin is no worse than mine and I bless them as they struggle with purity. I have a lot more sympathy than I used to about that because I was told to, but when I actually now have friends that are struggling with it, I have a lot more compassion. Alot of them have been abused, from back in the day when that subject was "taboo". So now they are reaping the consequences of the sins of someone else. BUT that still doesn't change my position.

    I have often asked myself if I would choose abortion if I got raped. First of all, that is rare because when you get raped, there is an exam they give you in the hospital that pretty much makes that not possible. But if by chance i did, I prayed that I would still have the strength and courage to carry it full term because I believe that I would be adding more trauma to the situation and my heart over that decision. But thank God I never had to. Yes you can post my response. I get offended by Christians for accusing me of not being Christian or God fearing" because I voted for him. I don't think that Jesus would have been either party. Neither party lines us 100% with our biblical beliefs when you really look at it. We live in a fallen world and that is why Jesus said we live in it but are not of it! Thanks for listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being the first to jump in the water!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't vote, because I can't. However, I believe the Democrats do have a more caring attitude for the poor and downtrodden. It's certainly more Christ-like than the Republican stance on social issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a "more caring" attitude doesn't translate into action I'm afraid. In all studies Conservatives out give Liberals.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it civil. Disagreement does not have to be disagreeable. Thank you so much! I look forward to your input!