Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Can't We All Just Get Along?

Today is election day and for one my wife is ready for the political season rancor to be done with. I am actually a political junkie but I am also not so much for the rancor. I have friends, family and co-workers at every point of the spectrum and I have learned one thing. Disagreement doesn't have to be disagreeable! How did I come about this knowledge? Well, I grew up in LA. I played High School basketball when Magic came into the league, so as you can imagine. I bleed Purple and Gold. (USC- Cardinal and Gold and Dodger Blue as well for the record.) That's just how it is and always will be. But a couple of my favorite people on the planet,  men whom I respect in every (other) regard are  Celtics fans. Not to set off a firestorm in another arena, but that proves to me that there is a God. (Not that I ever thought otherwise as I am sure you all know by now.) So tonight night when the results come in, and please Lord let it be conclusive either way, let's all shake hands and be friends. Let's NOT whine, bicker or for the love of all things good let's NOT get violent! I believe it was the Reverend Gordon Sumner who said it best. "I hope the Russians love their children too." Democrats, Republicans, friends, Americans, countrymen and women, lend me your ears. The other side love their children too! Let's be adults and teach our children that we CAN all just get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil. Disagreement does not have to be disagreeable. Thank you so much! I look forward to your input!