Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

EWB

For the first time I an utterly ashamed of my country. And saddened and angered. For the last month since 9/11 in the wake of Bengahzi I have watched President Obama's approval rating inch up. I kept thinking to myself what in the world is there to drive his approval rating UP right now? And now we have reelected him. And I still do not get it.

He promised to be a non partisan, a unifier. Yet it could be argued that he has been one of the if not the most divisive president we have ever had.  The unemployment rate is virtually the same as it was when he came into office. (The current  rate, 7.9% is slightly at 7.6% when he took office in 2009.) His first two years were somewhat gridlocked even though his party held the executive branch and both houses of Congress. He has gone around the world apologizing for our country and snubbing our allies while defending the bruised emotions of those who have murdered our citizens abroad. Coddling terrorists. On 9/11 in volatile countries our embassies did not have the additional security they requested. We saw an ambassador tortured, killed and dragged through the streets. Three other Americans were murdered and the military forces we had in the area were not allowed to come to their aid.  And so our first  black president who received the Nobel peace prize literally just for rising to the leadership of "racist" America is elected to a second term. (I truly hope some of the "American is so racist" rhetoric can be done away with now...It didn't seem to during our President's first term.)

Osama Bin Laden was sent to his reward on this President's watch for which I am grateful. But I have been much more distressed by our president than impressed so far. I am sorry but I do not see this as the shining hour of our country. I see it as the day a scandalous supporter of baby killing  gets a pass on every at every turn of policy, diplomacy and morality. (He does not support the rescue of infants that survive abortion or even partial birth abortion.)And why? The BEST answer I can hope for and still have faith in my country is he has been given a boost because being president is really difficult and culturally biased standards for governing should not apply to him.


And by the way, I have a theory or maybe an epiphany on why some of us conservatives always devolve into the abortion arguments. I think it comes down too this. Deep in our hearts we truly believe that if you are willing to kill an innocent baby because you are unwilling to have your life forcibly sidetracked or if you don't believe that that which is destined to become a human being in a month or three etc is worth protecting we are scared of what could possibly outside of your own self-interest be of value. Where would you draw the line? I really don't mean to be harsh. But to some of us that just seems ghoulish and frightening for society itself.

54,559,615 Abortions Since Roe vs. Wade Decision in 1973

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 1/23/12 6:37 PM

A new estimate published by the National Right to Life Committee indicates there have been an estimated 54,559,615 abortions since the Supreme Court handed down its 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision allowing virtually unlimited abortions.
Although the March for Life took place today, yesterday was the 39th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions — companion cases from Texas and Georgia that struck down pro-life laws protecting unborn children across the country.
In a new document, “Abortion Statistics: United States Data and Trends,” NRLC education director Dr. Randall K. O’Bannon estimates that there have been 54,559,615 abortions since 1973 based on data from both the Centers for Disease Control and the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, a former Planned Parenthood research arm. Guttmacher receives numbers directly from abortion centers themselves and is the prime source for more current figures because the Centers for Disease Control has never tabulated accurate numbers of abortions. The CDC relies on figures from state health departments, some of which rely on voluntary reporting — and it hasn’t had data from some states such as California and New Hampshire for more than a decade.
“Because of these different methods of data collection, GI has consistently obtained higher counts than the CDC. CDC researchers have admitted it probably undercounts the total number of abortions because reporting laws vary from state to state and some abortionists probably do not report or under-report the abortions they perform,” O’Bannon says.
The number means there are more than 3,300 abortions daily and 137 abortions per hour every hour in the United States. Translated another way, an abortion is done about every 30 seconds in the United States.

Read more:http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/23/54559615-abortions-since-roe-vs-wade-decision-in-1973/

Why is that ok?


And yes with a traditional family unit as an ideal. It does scare me that it may well be that America may really have already been completely transformed morally. Kill babies. Save trees, whales and the convicted murderers. I love nature but the thought that one of my three kids or one of YOUR kids has less meaning and value than a seal or a plant... I just cannot wrap either my heart or my brain around that.  And to assume that a child has no use for both a mother and father since men and women are the same and  there could not possibly be any benefit to a traditional family structure. A black man, woman, boy or girl could not possibly pass a test written in standard "bigoted" "white"English. Leveling the playing field is one thing. Degrading the entire game is another.

 Forgive me if I sound bitter. I really did not expect any better of him. I expected better of us. I thought  more Americans would stand up for the truly innocent and helpless. And who is more innocent than an an unborn child? Forgive me, my liberal friends out there. I promise you that I am not hating. But abandoning the values and yes the faith in many cases of most of our founders is not a triumph. I think citizens should look out for each other at the community level starting with the youngest.  The government should not be promoting infanticide. And despite the claims of Safe-Legal and as rare as possible- that has been around 55 million lives snuffed out since 1973. Again I am sorry for being bitter.  I really don't mean to offend, guilt or belittle anyone. This just does not seem like progress to me. Looking at the President's record and agenda leaves me thoroughly depressed. And it is just a heartbreaking thought that the BEST I can believe is that the Presidency has degenerated to blind affirmative action. In America, it is a great time to be EWB: Elected While Black. (Unless you're a conservative.)

P.S.
To my liberal friends out there. I really don't want to pick I fight. I desperately want a dialogue with you. If I have been disrespectful that is not my intent. I just can't find a way to sugar coat some things. If I have crossed the line please let me know respectfully. I WILL listen. I will try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil. Disagreement does not have to be disagreeable. Thank you so much! I look forward to your input!